Membership with Unique Access & Influence
Being a member of BOMA/GLA gives you access to valuable resources and to a diverse and vibrant network of over 2,000 commercial real estate professionals in the Greater Los Angeles area. More important, your membership supports the Association's advocacy work on behalf of the industry, enabling us to provide leadership on issues ranging from energy efficiency and building codes to protecting your assets by defeating legislation that results in onerous fees or overregulation.
Membership in BOMA International and BOMA California is included within BOMA/GLA membership, expanding your professional network, educational opportunities and access to information. Benefits of this three-for-one value include the following opportunities:
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Enhance your qualifications by attending a myriad of continuing education programs, work towards earning a designation or certificate, or get involved in leading the association. There are opportunities for all professionals, regardless of the stage of your career.
Attend Free Professional Development Programs
- Attend in-person seminars, workshops, and updates for FREE!
- Participate in online learning including webinars and educational videos for FREE!
- BOMA/GLA members save approximately $2,000 per building staff member for continuing education each year.
Earn Your Designation or a Certification
- Designations: Real Property Administrator (RPA) and Facilities Management Administrator (FMA
- Certifications: Property Administrator Certificate (PAC), Property Management Financial Proficiency Certificate (PMFP) and Facilities Management Certificate (FMC)
Become a Leader
- Build, develop, enhance and grow your leadership skills.
- Join one or more of over 30 committees and councils.
BOMA Magazine – bi-monthly official news magazine of BOMA International.
eNewsletters – membership information, industry news, legislative updates, and more.
Member Hub – access to online eLibrary with resources such as white papers and model policies.
NETWORK AND CONNECT
One of the most important benefits of BOMA/GLA membership is the community itself. By becoming BOMA member, you will have access to the best and brightest commercial real estate professionals and service providers, and all they have to offer. Here are just a few of the ways that BOMA/GLA fosters a sense of community among its members:
Special Interest Committees – network and exchange ideas within particular areas of interest such as Medical Office Buildings, Codes and Regulations or Sustainability.
Regions – each region enables you to cultivate relationships with colleagues in your geographic area.
Member Directory – stay in contact - and establish new contacts – with your fellow members to grow and strengthen your professional network.
Unique Networking Events – from murder mystery dinners to golf tournaments, members received discounted admission to networking events throughout the year.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
BOMA International works for you on the National Level
- Federal lobbying on issues important to commercial real estate.
- Represents the industry at the Capitol and even at the White House.
- Speaks for commercial real estate through the national media
BOMA California works for you on the State Level
- Preserves and promotes the interests of California commercial real estate professionals through legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- Success at sponsoring legislation at the state level.
- Represents the industry working with state agencies like the State Fire Marshal’s office or the Public Utilities Commission.
BOMA/GLA works for you at the Local Level
- Advocates for the interests of members at City Hall as well as direct involvement with elected leaders in other cities such as Burbank, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica.
- Represents members in local city departments such as Building and Safety, Fire and Police.
- Partners with allied organizations such as BizFed and other business groups on issues of importance to commercial real estate.
Opportunities to support BOMA’s efforts
- Take member surveys and influence BOMA’s agenda.
- Get involved on a local, state or national policy committee.
- Donate to our Political Action Committee and help support pro-business elected officials and candidates from all parties.
- Take action in our member Legislative Action Center on issues important to you.